Designed to recover up to 80% of the energy expended, an energy recovery unit is an ideal way to make your company’s monthly expenses lower. It can be used as a standalone module or can be attached directly to the rooftop, thus allowing it to accommodate more outdoor air quantities. Even better, when opting for the rooftop installation you can often go with a smaller unit capacity, which means a lower installation price.
The energy recovery units (ERU) are ideal for a long list of industries – some of these include hotels, hospitals, sports halls, office buildings, seminar rooms, swimming pools, paint spray booths and many others. At MJC, we offer several types of energy recovery units, so there is certain to be one that fits your unique needs and building design. Below is a list of our ERU types and a brief description:
· Fixed Plate ERUs – Designed with no moving parts, compact, outstanding corrosion resistance, compatibility with high temperatures applications, the fixed plate design is often the best choice in ERUs for a company.
· Sensible Plate Energy Recovery – Known for trouble free operation, reduced noise and minimal maintenance, lightweight, compact design, no moving parts, separate air streams and no cross contamination.
· Enthalpy Plate Energy Recovery – Like the others, the Enthalpy Plate Energy Recovery boasts no moving parts, minimal maintenance costs and reduced noise.
· Energy Recovery Wheels – Designed to recover sensible and latent energy, it will not promote the growth of mold or bacteria, has increased fire protection and is easy to maintain.
But if you are on uncertain about whether or not an ERU is needed for your business, then consider these additional benefits in having one added to your location.
1. Fresh air – During the winter, the air can get rather stale as doors and windows are not opened as often. An energy recovery unit will circulate the air keeping it fresher and more breathable.
2. Healthier employees – As a business owner, you depend on your employees to help you succeed. If they are out sick; the work production is affected. By swapping out the air, you are ridding your place of business of germs and bacteria which creates a healthier environment and lowers risk of winter colds being circulated throughout the office.
3. Save money – The biggest benefit is the money saved. An ERU eases the strain on your HVAC system so it doesn’t have to work as hard, thus extending the life of the unit. In fact, studies show that energy bills drop by as much as 40% when an ERU is in use.
An energy recovery unit is a must for any commercial space. It combines energy efficiency with ease of maintenance, better health and lower costs to make it a wise decision. If you have questions about how an ERU can benefit your space, give one of our MJC, INC. specialists a call today.